Learn how to create the Christmas Cookie Wreath Design with step by step instructions and images.
Christmas Wreath Cookie Design
- Rolling pin
- Mat or board
- 1 x large round fluted cookie cutter for outer edge of green wreath
- 1 x small round fluted cookie cutter for the inner edge of green wreath
- 1 x XL (7cm) round cookie cutter - the size of your cookie & white disc
- Snap lock bags
- Paint brush for applying food glue
- Size 12 round icing nozzle for leaves
- 1 okt White fondant or gum paste - for background disc
- Extra white fondant or gum paste & food colouring - if not using pre-coloured fondant
- 1 pkt Dark green pre-coloured fondant / gum paste - for leaves
- 1 pkt Light green pre-coloured fondant / gum paste - for wreath
- 1 pkt Med round sprinkles (cashous)
- 1 pkt Sprinkles of your choice
- 1 jar CMC Tylose Omit if using gum paste
- Add small amount of CMC Tylose to white fondant to aid with hardening (omit this step if using gum paste). Mix in small amounts to prevent the unworked portion hardening before use.
- Roll out white fondant on mat to approx. 3mm thick. Cut out round white fondant shapes to cover your cookies with the XL cookie cutter to create the white disc background.
- Glue the white background disc onto your cookie.
- **TIP - wrap fondant not being used in airtight plastic or snaplock bag to avoid it drying out.
- Colour your fondant in desired colours. Miss this step if you are using pre-coloured fondant.
- Use the rolling pin to roll out the green coloured fondant to approx. 3 mm thick.
- Use the large fluted cookie cutter to cut the outer ring of the wreath from the green fondant.
- Centre the small fluted cookie cutter on the green disc you have just cut out and cut out the centre of the wreath.
- Glue the green wreath piece to the cookie background
Small green leaves
- Roll out dark green fondant to 3mm thick. Use the Size 12 round icing nozzle to cut out circles. Then use the edge of the icing nozzle to cut a small leaf shape from the circle to create the leaves
- Sparingly brush food glue on the wreath and position round, parallel sprinkles & leaves around the wreath as decorations
- Leave cookie to dry for a few hours or until no longer damp. Store cookies in a sealed container.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.