Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Electric Mixer
- Baking trays
- Baking paper
- Measuring cups
- Kitchen scales
- Flour sifter
- Wire cooling rack
- 185 g (6oz) Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup Self-raising Flour sifted
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour sifted
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 60 g (2oz) Butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tspn Vanilla
- 2 tspn Milk
- 1/2 cup Raspberry or Blackberry jam
- Ingredients required
- Cream butter & brown sugar together until soft and fluffyAdd egg and vanilla & beat together until combined
- Add sifted flour & coconut. Mix well until the dough starts to come away from the edge of the mixing bowl to form a dough.
- Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls or shape into ovals if you like. This recipe makes approx. 50 single biscuits - portion the dough into 50 pieces to ensure equal sizing and number required.Place rolled dough onto baking paper covered baking trays. Allow room on the trays for spreading.
- Use the back of a fork to press down into the dough, forming a criss cross design on the top.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180°-200°C) for 10 -15 mins until golden brown.
- Remove biscuits from oven and cool on a wire rack
- Cream butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla & milk. Beat well until combined
Filling the biscuits
- Spoon 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of jam and 1 teaspoon of prepared filling in the centre of 1 half of the biscuits. I like to mix the jam and the filling so the filling sets together.
- Top with another biscuits, gently press together firmly.